WELCOME TO THE MAPLE LEAF TIMES BLOG

A couple of articles are added each month with many more articles provided in the CAS's Maple Leaf Times (eMLT) magazine. To receive your eMLT magazine sent directly to your inbox (8 issues per year), become a member of the Canadian Association of Singapore. Visit the CAS website to register -- www.canadians.org.sg

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Catching Up with a Canadian: Franca Ciambella

1.  Which parts of Canada do/did you call home?
The leafy districtof Montreal  known as the “Town of Montreal West”-it is a small picturesque part of the city that is home to mainly professionals (too many of my old university profs) and where animals have more rights than people in many parts of the world!

2.  How long have you carried your ‘ex-pat’ title?
23 years but it seems like just yesterday.

3.  Tell us your profession and what you do all day.
My day starts at 7 am when my husband and I see our three teenage boys off as they board their school bus. I then go for a run outdoors which lasts about one hour. Then off to work.
I am a lawyer and the Managing Director of a law firm I started called Consilium Law Corporation. My work day starts with meetings and briefings with my team of lawyers and staff, then onto client appointments, telephone calls with parties , review of documents, research of law, negotiations, administrative matters pertaining to the law firm etc. I am also the Vice president of the Canada ASEAN Business Council and sit on various boards, which I tend to work at towards the end of the work day. We try to have dinner at home by 6:30 pm as a
family and then hang out at home and do some work etc .

4.  2 things that you would beg Singapore Customs to import from the GWN (Great White North)?
McIntosh apples-they are my favourite and I can’t find them anywhere in Asia.I am not sure that it has anything to do with Customs though…Of course, secondly, chewing gum..I love all of the new flavours available in Canada-like raspberry and kiwi together or cheesecake flavoured …



Find out more about Franca at: www.consiliumlaw.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment