WELCOME TO THE MAPLE LEAF TIMES BLOG

A couple of articles are added each month with many more articles provided in the CAS's Maple Leaf Times (eMLT) magazine. To receive your eMLT magazine sent directly to your inbox (8 issues per year), become a member of the Canadian Association of Singapore. Visit the CAS website to register -- www.canadians.org.sg

Friday, December 1, 2023

The Perfect Travel Checklist

By Ellie Sakrzewski


Like most of us, I love travelling, however my skin and hair don’t. My biggest concern is dehydration. Here are some of my favourite and essential things I pack with me both in my hand luggage and my suitcase.


To Moisturise:

I slather my skin throughout my flights with moisturiser. I find it really counteracts the feeling of it being ‘parched’. I also love bringing along a facial spritz, my favourite is Luxe Botanics Camu Brightening Mist. Don’t forget your hand cream too.


To De-puff: 

Dry skin makes crow’s-feet and lines more pronounced. I get puffy as well. At a high altitude, this can be more pronounced. Mini eye patches help to add moisture while de-puffing the eyes. 

To Hydrate from the inside: 

Flying dehydrates us inside and out. We all know the benefits of drinking water on a flight. It’s also good to do the same the day before and after travel. Each morning I take my vitamin C & D super booster which is great for skin. I also bring packets to mix in my water bottle on the plane.

Crowning Glory: 

Most great hair care brands make travel size options now, so they are easy to take in your carry-on case. I do take a full-size smoothing lotion that is also a hair treatment so I can keep my hair in good condition (especially on a beach holiday) without having to bring extra.

Vitamins: 

I always travel with my vitamins. I recommend Ashwagandha and Magnesium to help combat stress and keep sleep cycles in check, Probiotics for gut health and Vitamin C for that extra boost we need when we travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment