WELCOME TO THE MAPLE LEAF TIMES BLOG

A couple of articles are added each month with many more articles provided in the CAS's Maple Leaf Times (eMLT) magazine. To receive your eMLT magazine sent directly to your inbox (8 issues per year), become a member of the Canadian Association of Singapore. Visit the CAS website to register -- www.canadians.org.sg

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Diane Lee: Q&A




1.   Which parts of Canada do/did you call home?

Toronto, Ontario

2.   How long have you carried your 'expat' title?

More than 8 years.

3.   Tell us your profession and what you do all day.

I am a certified Hot Yoga Instructor since 2004. I open the first Bikram Yoga studio in Singapore 2006, recently rebranded locally as BYCH Hot Yoga studio in Raffles City. I have been practicing the traditional hot yoga for 10 years, teaching for 9 years. And since I started the yoga studio, I literally spend hours sweating in hot rooms every day.  I teach about 6-8 classes a week, mix of 90-min classic classes and 55-min cardio classes and practice 6 times a week.  Before moving here, I was in marketing and advertising field, so I get to enjoy planning and creating marketing campaigns.  The most fun part of my work is meeting hundreds of people, like-minded people who enjoy disciplined, intense workout sessions for a better mind & body connection.

4.   Two things that you would beg Singapore Customs to import from the GWN (Great White North)?


I would love to have everything from president’s choice Organic Line, I missed the chunky peanut butter, moroccan mint tea…. And if they can also move the entire highland farm here, that will be great to enjoy all fresh dark green leafy veggies on daily base.

No comments:

Post a Comment