WELCOME TO THE MAPLE LEAF TIMES BLOG

A couple of articles are added each month with many more articles provided in the CAS's Maple Leaf Times (eMLT) magazine. To receive your eMLT magazine sent directly to your inbox (8 issues per year), become a member of the Canadian Association of Singapore. Visit the CAS website to register -- www.canadians.org.sg

Monday, August 19, 2013

A New Student’s Perspective – Moving from the UK

My experience at the Canadian International School (CIS) so far has been really inspiring. When I first arrived at CIS I was in awe of this huge and modern school, and also very intimidated and nervous. I had no idea what was in store for me, nor whether I would fit in with all my classmates. However I was thoroughly welcomed, which lightened the weight on my shoulders at once! I was so glad that I could make friends so fast; the students and teachers were so kind. In the beginning I kept getting lost, but my friends would always find me (wherever I was!) and bring me back to class.

I think that maybe some students at CIS don’t realise how amazing it is to be here because, certainly for me, CIS is like a school heaven compared to my old school. My former school was much smaller, and the class sizes much bigger - more than thirty kids in one class. There wasn’t as much sports equipment or space to play in. There was much less room to just hang around during recess or lunch, and there wasn’t as much technical equipment such as the MacBook Pros we use in class!

I think that there are so many opportunities at CIS and I am sure that I
will benefit a great deal from studying here. 

By  Lauryn Sherwood,  Grade 7, CIS Lakeside


No comments:

Post a Comment